[mythtv] MythTV Log options no longer working

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 23:13:21 UTC 2018

On 12/21/18 2:46 PM, Peter Bennett wrote:
> After a pull of master today, some mythtv logging options that I use are no longer working.
>
> Option --logpath should create a log file in the directory specified. The --logpath option is still accepted but no log file is written
> Option --syslog local7 should write messages to syslog or to a log file as specified in a file in /etc/rsyslog.d. The option is accepted but no
> log messages are getting to syslog.
>
> I see some logging things were removed, but these options are still needed.
>
> Peter

I saw the conversation between warpme_: & hampton: on IRC Thursday and was
checking myself. I believe 3109af7cf8 is OK but was only looked at
--systemd-journal and --logpath:

aea1635b95 Fix issue with schema update for HDHomeRun devices.
687b219c1c Perl/Python Bindings: Update SCHEMA_VERSION
b802aeed84 Fix shadowing of local or global variables. (plugins)
29ea055508 Fix shadowing of local or global variables. (libs)
afa8ac87a0 Fix shadowing of local or global variables. (programs)
05257c12d6 Clean up -Wshadow warnings related to QEvent.
45c560920f Remove the obsolete mythlogserver code.
3d960b728b Final cleanup for removing mythlogserver.
a036c06cfc Remove libs/libmythbase/loggingserver.{h,cpp}.
3109af7cf8 Remove mythlogserver program. <------- Logging OK with mythlogserver removed.

Interesting that --systemd-journal is working on my 16.04 host but not
on my 18.04 one. Both on aea1635b95. Haven't figured that out yet.

--
Bill