[mythtv] YV12 problem

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 22:40:31 UTC 2018

Hi

On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 at 5:04 pm, David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 08:51:56AM +0100, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> > YV12 (same as yuv420p) is 3 planes, nv12 is 2 planes (u and v planes
> interleaved).
> >
> > Modifying the OGL deinterlacer to handle nv12 should be trivial. I don't
> know of any hardware decoder outputting 3 planes yuv.
>
> You touch on a question I was going to ask.  That is why does kernel
> deinterlacing need an entirely new shader program for yv12 while
> linear blend doesn't seem to need a new one?

The data between the two is the same, just stored differently. It depends
on what backend it uses for storage, but really the difference should 1 or
2 arithmetic operation different in how to access the pixel data.

> > Next month I'm back in Oz permanently where I have a working mythtv
> system. I'll be able to get back into coding a bit (plus I need a new
> hobby).
> > Happy to give a hand then.
>
> Change in job status?  Desired or undesired change?

Same job, just that my Aussie wife wanted to go back to Oz.

I work from home, so doesn't change much otherwise.
Though won't have to stay super late to do meeting with the US anymore, now
that's nice.