[mythtv] Proposed Ansible Changes, Getting ready for ansible 2.11

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 05:01:35 UTC 2018

On 08/16/2018 08:01 PM, David Hampton wrote:
> Runs to completion on 14.04[1], debian testing, debian stretch, debian
> jesse[1], and raspbian.  I also tried removing a couple of packages on
> 14.04 to make sure they were reinstalled.  I do miss seeing the list of
> items that is being operated on by each rule.  For example:
>
> ok: [localhost] => (item=[u'libqt5core5a', u'libqt5webkit5-dev'...
>
> Maybe you could leave in your current message and add one for the qt5
> packages?  If not, no worries.  When ansible can't find a library it
> still spits out the missing library name.

Thanks!

Pushed the debug msg for the Qt task, and will include it in all future
conversions.

I'll push in pairs after some more checking. Did everything except for
buildslave* and qt4.

I like this command line. Produces a cleaner run as long as you're
not looking for skipped tasks/hosts and deprecation warnings:

    ANSIBLE_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS=False DISPLAY_SKIPPED_HOSTS=False ansible-playbook --inventory=hosts qt5.yml

> [1] These versions of ansible are old enough that their list of
> acceptable values for the ansible_pkg_mgr variable doesn't include
> 'dnf'.  It won't run at all unless I patch out those references.

Not sure how to solve that as dnf is in ansible 1.9 and the
ansible_version variable was only added in 1.8.

Also spotted this: https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/2.4/release_and_maintenance.html#release-status
that says anything below 2.2 is EOL.

--
Bill