[mythtv] Proposed Ansible Changes, Getting ready for ansible 2.11

David Hampton mythtv at love2code.net
Fri Aug 17 01:01:07 UTC 2018

On Thu, 2018-08-16 at 18:11 -0500, Bill Meek wrote:
> On 08/15/2018 12:24 AM, David Hampton wrote:
> > I have a bunch of VMs for various distros and would be willing to
> > help
> > with the testing.  Probably the oldest release that you need to
> > support
> > is 2.0.0 which is used by Ubuntu 16.04.  If Debian Jessie is still
> > supported release, its back at 1.7.2.  Ubuntu 14.04 is even further
> > back at 1.5.4, but I believe its no longer officially supported now
> > that 18.04 is out.
>
> David,
>
> OK, I just pushed the changes only for the mythtv-deb/tasks/main.yml
> and
> qt5/tasks/qt5-deb.yml roles.
>
> A test on 14.04 would be great. 16.04 and 18.04 work OK for me.

Runs to completion on 14.04[1], debian testing, debian stretch, debian
jesse[1], and raspbian.  I also tried removing a couple of packages on
14.04 to make sure they were reinstalled.  I do miss seeing the list of
items that is being operated on by each rule.  For example:

ok: [localhost] => (item=[u'libqt5core5a', u'libqt5webkit5-dev'...

Maybe you could leave in your current message and add one for the qt5
packages?  If not, no worries.  When ansible can't find a library it
still spits out the missing library name.

David

[1] These versions of ansible are old enough that their list of
acceptable values for the ansible_pkg_mgr variable doesn't include
'dnf'.  It won't run at all unless I patch out those references.