[mythtv] Q regarding Media Monitor

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Fri Oct 27 12:53:16 UTC 2017

On Fri, 27 Oct 2017 12:36:02 +1100
Nigel Pearson <nigel at ind.tansu.com.au> wrote:

> I did porting of MediaMonitor to MacOS, and later added Windows
> patches, so I guess I’m responsible :-)

Yes, you are (mainly) responsible for making it work well for the last
10 years :)

Until udisks got the "we can improve this by changing everything except
the name" treatment. I haven't investigated myself but udisks2
sounds like another systemd and hasn't been universally
welcomed.

> 2) The media monitor injected a UI event to process the media.
> Jump to MythDVD if it has a UDF filesystem,
> MythGallery if disk contains mainly images,
> MythMusic if mostly MP3s,
> otherwise, jump to MythVideo.

I was really thinking of plugin key handling
https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9537#comment:4

This thread has already deviated too far but I was just trying to make
2 points;
1. This patch/feature opens up a can of worms with key
handling/plugins/media monitor and is not a simple fix.
2. If significant changes are necessary anyway for udisks2, we should
consider updating the platform-specific aspects at the same time. I
don't know what's possible. That Qt 5.9 still doesn't provide
multi-platform support is ominous.