[mythtv] Q regarding Media Monitor

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Fri Oct 27 01:36:02 UTC 2017

> On 27 Oct 2017, at 8:49 am, Roger Siddons <dizygotheca at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> IIRC the bigger problem is Media Monitor's handling of multiple
> devices. It's a bit of a mess when you start digging into it.
> There's also a lot of old, platform-specific cruft that would be nice
> to remove.

I did porting of MediaMonitor to MacOS, and later added Windows patches,
so I guess I’m responsible :-)

1) I think that was before udisk was added though?
(that added 2 monitoring schemas on Unix, plus MacOS, plus Windows)

2) The media monitor injected a UI event to process the media.
Jump to MythDVD if it has a UDF filesystem,
MythGallery if disk contains mainly images,
MythMusic if mostly MP3s,
otherwise, jump to MythVideo.

3) There is still a bug in my Inbox from 2007,
about issues with multi-filesystem media!

Now that these plugins are mostly in core MythTV, handling is trickier
(even ignoring MythUI rewrite which I think prevented that event injection?)

--
Nigel Pearson           | $50 million worth of       |
nigel at ind.tansu.com.au  | hardware and you didn't    |