[mythtv] MM2 patch candidates to backport

Piotr Oniszczuk piotr.oniszczuk at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 09:05:22 UTC 2017

Basing on proposal and email exchange with Perter in users-list
https://lists.gt.net/mythtv/users/613407#613407

First 9 patches Peter suggest to review by PaulH/StuartM.

0320-0348-MythMusic-Add-network-control-commands-to-list-and-p-v2.patch
usefull for ppl asking frontend via telnet to play favorite music
patch ads:
-play music list NAME   - Play specified playlist (MythMusic)
-play music album ALBUM[//ARTIST[//TRACK]] - Play specified album (MythMusic)
-query artists [ARTIST] - List artists (wildcard) (MythMusic)
-query albums [ALBUM[//ARTIST]] - List albums (*=wildcard) (MythMusic)
-query tracks [ALBUM[//ARTIST[//TRACK]]] - List tracks (*=wildcard) (MythMusic)
Created by: Lawrence Rust <lvr at softsystem.co.uk>

0319-0338-MythMusic-Add-feature-to-delete-a-track-or-an-entire.patch
When in the playlist editor pressing the ‚d' key prompts the user
to delete the selected track or all tracks from the selected album.
The function AllMusic::deleteTrack performs the work:
- Remove the selected track from in-memory structures.
- Remove the track from the mysql database
- Delete the associated file from storage and delete empty containing
directory
- Remove unref’d entries from database tables: music_directories,
music_albums & music_artists.
BTW: This might be disputable by some users - should ‚d’ delete files or only entries from playlists
Created by: Lawrence Rust <lvr at softsystem.co.uk>

0318-0337-Mythmusic-Provide-network-control-of-playlist.patch
Allows querying the available playlist names and playing a named playlist.
Created by: Lawrence Rust <lvr at softsystem.co.uk>

0317-0336-MythMusic-Fix-Playlist-copyTracks-and-removeAllTrack.patch
Fix Playlist::copyTracks and removeAllTracks
Correct these 2 functions to call gPlayer->activePlaylistChanged
Created by: Lawrence Rust <lvr at softsystem.co.uk>

0316-0310-MythMusic-Enable-the-CD-ripper-to-run-in-the-backgro-v2.patch
Allows nicely rip CD audio in background. Useful as this process can take multiple minutes - so having this in background is nice additions
Created by: Lawrence Rust <lvr at softsystem.co.uk>
Updated to current master by me

0315-0309-MythMusic-Make-initial-scan-by-CD-ripper-run-in-back.patch
Make initial scan by CD ripper run in background
Created by: Lawrence Rust <lvr at softsystem.co.uk>

0314-0308-MythMusic-Wait-for-CD-scanner-and-eject-threads-befo.patch
Wait for CD scanner and eject threads before deleting them
Created by: Lawrence Rust <lvr at softsystem.co.uk>

0313-0307-MythMusic-Prevent-corruption-of-ripped-CD-music-file.patch
Prevent corruption of ripped CD music files
When an ogg/flac file is created from a ripped track, meta
information is written in the Vorbis/Flac/Encoder dtor.
However, the meta information is written before the output file data
is flushed.  This can cause corruption of the last few frames.
Created by: Lawrence Rust <lvr at softsystem.co.uk>

0312-0306-MythMusic-Avoid-a-SEGV-in-the-CD-ripper-ogg-encoder.patch
Avoid SEGV in the CD ripper when ogg is ripped
Created by: Lawrence Rust <lvr at softsystem.co.uk>

0305-ticket12809-Use-lastPlayPos-instead-of-bookmark-v5.patch
0306-ticket12809-Watchlist-with-lastPlayPos-v4.patch
0307-ticket12809-Add-Unfinished-recording-filter.patch
this is #12809. I know Roger wants to make some improverments here.
Personally - I would suggest to commit them and add improvements later.
This code work very well for me and is really usefull!

0304-ticket12683-MythUI-Implement-zoomable-GuideGrids-v2.patch
Also really nice enhancement. No any problems. Only issue is that to enable functionality themes needs additions - but patch NOT breaks anything in existing themes.

0302-revert24c5575-revert-MediaMon-UI-to-select-preferred-media-handler.patch
This was discussed already. I see quite conservative approach here (remove code which potentially can cause users will complain about „media monitor isn’t perfect”)
I think better is gradually add functionality than wait undefined time till code will be perfect. But this is just my opinion.
(nevertpeless the is reason why mm2 has 96 patches…)

0294-0283-FE-Add-network-status-to-machine-status-dialog.patch
Adds extra info about network interface mythtv sees in status page. Useful remote troubleshooting
patch created by LVR

0293-0281-AFD-Add-original_channels-to-audio-format-log-output.patch
Add extra info about audio format. Useful for debugging audio problems (like correlating lack of sound with not working audio)

0292-UPnP-Reduce-startup-latency-by-moving-blocking-code-to-own-thread.patch
Speeds up FE status my moving UPnP into separate thread.
patch by LVR

0283-0210-FE-NetworkControl-Add-set-query-loglevel-commands.patch
Add nice capability to set/change log level/verbosity on-line via telnet. Nice for remote troubleshooting.

0282-0059-NetworkControl-Add-realtime-display-of-MythEvents.patch
Add capability to see events online. Useful for debugging.