[mythtv] Building myth against qt5.8

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Wed Feb 1 11:32:09 UTC 2017

On 01/02/17 07:31, Roger James wrote:

> So QtWebKit from Qt disappears after 5.5. Ubuntu 17.04 freezes in two
> weeks time with qt5.7.
>
> Looks like if I want to test Qt > 5.5 on current Ubuntu 16.04 I will
> have use Ubuntu's own qt5Webkit5 source package and build that against
> the newer Qt install.
>
> Oh joy.
>
> I was only trying to get past what appears to be a Qt 5.5 related
> mythfrontend crash.
>
> Or am I missing something here?
>
> Roger

I don't follow Ubuntu development. Has it been verified Ubuntu 17.04
will use Qt5.7 and wont be providing packages for QtWebkit?

I know several devs are using various derivatives of Ubuntu up to 16.10
which does have QtWebkit available (I've used Kubuntu 16.10 and
Mythbuntu 16.10 without any problems).

Paul H.