[mythtv] [mythtv-users] setting up an env

Dan Littlejohn dan.littlejohn at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 04:05:06 UTC 2016

On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 9:17 AM, Roger Siddons <dizygotheca at ntlworld.com>
wrote:

> On 20/03/16 04:42, Dan Littlejohn wrote:
>
>> Hi All:
>>
>> Been a long while since I setup an environment in C++ and was wanting to
>> get something going for mythtv.  I pulled the mythtv repo from Github, and
>> I was wondering what people like for an IDE and how to set it up.  I
>> downloaded Visual Studio Community and Quincy, not sure if those are good
>> choices or how to get it to something one click buildable. I did not like
>> the mess that VS did when I imported using the "existing code" option.  If
>> anyone has any insight or advice it would be appreciated.  Mostly trying to
>> poke around to debug my system, but may be up for contributing later if I
>> sort myself out.
>>

>> I like QtCreator http://doc.qt.io/qtcreator/creator-coding.html
>
> It builds from the Myth project files (qmake), has a good visual debugger
> (gdb) and decent semantic code navigation.
> It integrates with git and there are plugins for cppcheck & valgrind.

Hi Roger:

Thanks for the suggestion.  I downloaded QT Creator and have it setup, but
if you have a tip or there is a tutorial somewhere on how to create a myth
project in it that would be appreciated.  I will likely take a guess at it
with the "new project" options or to poke around, but I thought I would
just ask.  Not sure if the qmake file comment was a hint.

Thanks;
Dan