[mythtv] (fixed) Re: Master build failure after Fedora23 > 24

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Fri Dec 16 22:02:38 UTC 2016

On 13/12/16 19:23, John Pilkington wrote:

> I'm now again able to build rpms for master, and have a working FE/BE
> F24 box based on them.  I started from Richard's 0.28-10 specfile and
> have made only minor changes to use the downloaded tarball in which the
> top directory is 'mythtv-master'. These make dnf see it as a downgrade
> from 0.28.  The only patches are for the audiograph display, where my
> 'improvements' are still not doing what I hoped.
>
> Switching away from the non-rpm build above meant that I had to revert
> the shared-library path change, and I have removed the stated dependency
> on mythweb.  I removed that on ffmpeg too, but then found that
> MythArchive needs mjpegtools which brought it back.
>
> I haven't tried a rebuild for SL7 yet because of the current breakage of
> DVD playback.

I'll continue this thread, but with a new spin.  I looked at the streams
reported by mythffmpeg 3.2 and ffmpeg 3.1.6 in a newly created
MythArchive DVD and found no differences that looked important, but the
mythffmpeg output included

  'WARNING: library configuration mismatch'

followed by a long string of configuration options, which differ from
those shown by ffmpeg.   I thought this might be because I had a mix of
native and rpm builds, but it persists in a new rpm-based build done
after I had deleted many, but I now see not all, of the *myth* files in
/usr/local/...

Google finds reports of this warning in the past and suggests that it
isn't important.  The builds seem to work.  The warning appears if I
just type 'mythffmpeg' in a terminal window.  I don't have an
installation of rpmfusion 0.28/fixes for comparison.  Comments?