[mythtv] MythTV Raspberry Pi2 frontend testers

Lawrence Rust lvr at softsystem.co.uk
Sun Dec 13 08:54:21 UTC 2015

On Sat, 2015-12-12 at 00:28 -0500, Brooks Whiteford wrote:
> Thanks everyone for all of the work and testing getting this up and running.
>
> I'm just now coming into giving this a try, is someone able to summarize
> where we are at?
>
> Is using the pre-built binary (http://www.softsystem.co.uk/download/mythtv/
> mythtv-v0.27.5-101-g665ee21-RPI2.tar.bz2
> <http://www.softsystem.co.uk/download/mythtv/mythtv-v0.27.5-101-g665ee21-RPI2.tar.bz2>)
> still the best way to start, or is there enough changes that merit building
> from source?
>
> I've used MythTV for a long time and would love to use it on my RPI2s, just
> need a little clue on where to start during this active effort to get it
> working.

The pre-built binary is basically OK but I have discovered (and fixed in
the git tree) a problem with seeking that causes an occasional abort.
If you are happy building from source then that is probably the best
route.  The choice is yours.

Hopefully I'll be able to add the patches to master in the next day or
so if nothing else surfaces.

-- Lawrence Rust