[mythtv] Announce: Drop of support for 32 bits mac

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 09:50:47 UTC 2015

On 2 August 2015 at 11:48, Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven at cogeco.ca> wrote:

> Many thanks for working on this.  Going 64-bit only seems very reasonable to me.

yes, any mac released after 2007 is 64 bits compatible.

Unfortunately, 64 bits code on core 2 duo is slightly slower than 32 bits ...

> Do you know what is the minimum version of OS X required for QT 5?  I believe I heard that 10.7 or later is required for QT 5.4 (or maybe 5.5) but I’m not certain.

The Qt wiki states 10.7

> With the release of El Capitan (10.11) right around the corner, the only Apple-supported OS versions will be the latest plus 10.10 (Yosemite) and 10.9 (Mavericks).  Have you worked out how far back you’ll build for?

All my real macs are version 10.10.

I used to build my packages using a 10.6 VM as it was the only way I
found to make a universal build that could work on 10.5 and later.

When I build, I set the minos requirement as 10.7 ; now wheither
something build on 10.10 will work on 10.7 remains to be seen.