[mythtv] DPMS inhibit issues in 0.28

dennis deg at outlook.com
Sat Apr 25 15:57:53 UTC 2015

On 04/25/2015 10:10 AM, Jim Stichnoth wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 7:21 AM, dennis <deg at outlook.com
> <mailto:deg at outlook.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I'm running ubuntu 14.04 but not using gnome screensaver and using
>     DPMS to shut the monitor off after 10 minutes of inactivity.  It
>     appears that inhibit DPMS is no longer working in in the latest
>     build of 0.28, after 10 minutes of watching TV my screen goes
>     blank by DPMS.  I have noticed some changes in the logs when
>     starting and stopping playback and no longer seeing DPMS messages.
>

> https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12435
> https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12438
>
> These are being looked into, but that's the risk you take running
> master. :)

Just thought I would ask before creating a ticket to report it.  It
didn't show up yet in a google search.

I was aware of commits in this area before building,  so I wasn't
surprised that there was some regression here.  I enjoy debugging and
digging into code.  I see the risk as fun, and helping to making the
project better :)