[mythtv] Remove Fill Packets

Ryan Lavender ryanlavender at comcast.net
Fri Apr 24 18:17:55 UTC 2015

Hi Ryan,

Ok, I've had a closer look at the code (not that I understand how all of
it fits together) and it seems that this feature is not (currently)
available for Firewire cards.

stuarta has just pushed a change to Master to strip fill packets for
Firewire recorders. https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/b0138ce
should apply to 0.27 too so give it a go.

Richard.

Weird, but it doesn¹t work for me. I get 0-byte recordings. What I did to
make it work was add this to firewiredevice.cpp:

Put all of the content of the function BroadcastToListeners inside an IF
statement: if(!(data[1] == 0x1F && data[2] == 0xFF))

However, mythtv sometimes has trouble tuning certain channels, and I feel it
may be related.