[mythtv] Couldn't upgrade database to new schema
Michael T. Dean
mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Oct 15 01:54:29 UTC 2014
On 10/13/2014 12:36 PM, Janusz S. Bien wrote:
> Quote/Cytat - "Janusz S. Bien" <jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl> (wto, 30 wrz
> 2014, 09:29:13):
>> Quote/Cytat - MythTV <noreply at mythtv.org> (Sun 28 Sep 2014 01:36:53
>> PM CEST):
>>> Getting master to build under SL6 wasn't entirely straightforward
>>> but it's
>>> working well as my only active Myth box.
>> Testing the master is my intention from the very beginning, however
>> all my attemps to use it fail sooner or later.
>> Recently I've compiled it succesfully on Debian sid (BTW,
>> checkinstall failed, I had to use a 'raw' make install).
> Today I've compiled it on a fresh installation of Debian sid on
> another computer.
> I've created the database from the scratch and got the old problem
> when running mythtv-setup:
> Couldn't upgrade database to new schema.
> I'm still looking for suggestions.
Your previously-shared log output had no useful information--to the
point of not having any of the information that should appear for any
database upgrade failure--so i can't do anything other than guess what
may be happening.
So, is this an attempt to create a brand-new, empty database schema (as
opposed to an actual upgrade)? If so have you actually let mythtv-setup
fail and then immediately restarted mythtv-setup to see if it succeeds?
A couple of versions ago, i was going to roll up the changes to the
database schema into a new database initialization, but I stopped
because I found that some changes to the startup sequence had (as pretty
much every single time anyone has made them) once again broken initial
database creation. I didn't have much time to work on the issue, so I
never fixed it (and am 99% positive the issue still exists), but I did
notice that while the first start of mythtv-setup would create a schema
and then fail to upgrade it to current, a restart of mythtv-setup
afterwards would successfully upgrade it to current. So since it was
possible to successfully create a new initial database (by simply
restarting mythtv-setup after it failed--actually, didn't attempt and
reported as failed--the upgrade to current schema), it wasn't that
critical an issue. If that's the issue you're seeing, just restart
mythtv-setup and let it successfully upgrade your database.
More information about the mythtv-dev