[mythtv] Fwd: [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by jyavenard. v0.28-pre-872-g95d136e

Russell Gower mythtv at thegowers.me.uk
Fri Feb 21 14:22:57 UTC 2014

> The branch, master has been updated on the
> mythtv repository by gitolite user jyavenard.
>       via  95d136e60018f9b8b8142a645dc6f08cc75e1235 (commit)
>       via  4cbec8a1da9c16c0f7119803399934ca4dcdba6f (commit)
>       via  26d828e053c85286377984d419e409637c3b9222 (commit)
>      from  7a763f308cce5da6d7835f1400f646df2b0017c0 (commit)
>
> Those revisions listed above that are new to this repository have
> not appeared on any other notification email; so we list those
> revisions in full, below.
>
> - Log -----------------------------------------------------------------
> commit 95d136e60018f9b8b8142a645dc6f08cc75e1235
> Author:    Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at mythtv.org> at Sat, 22 Feb 2014 00:06:09 +1100
> Committer: Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at mythtv.org> at Sat, 22 Feb 2014 00:50:50 +1100
>
> Prevent playback to exit early should backend's writes be delayed
> Typical scenario is when using liveTV and being very close to real time TV: should the backend take more than 360ms between two writes, the reader would treat it as an EOF and abort the read.
>
> Whenever we open a file in write mode, we add it to a global dictionary. When reaching an EOF, we can then check if the file is going to be written to again

Hi,
  Is this really true on a Combined BE/FE machine where the FE opens the file for reading directly, I can't see how it would know that the backend is still writing to it as m_fileswritten is private to the backend - Or am I missing something?

And can I just say that I'm really excited about how much attention livetv is receiving at the moment, it accounts for about 50% of my use case. I'm slowly bringing myself unto speed with the source tree but it's likely to be a very slow process, hopefully someday I will be in a position to contribute something worthwhile back.

Regards
  Russell