[mythtv] ringbuffer.cpp

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 05:58:50 UTC 2014

On 19 February 2014 16:51, Jonas Arndt <jonas.arndt at thearndtfamily.com> wrote:

> A question. Does this need to go on the front-end as well? The way I apply
> this patch is that I just put the two libraries libmythbase-0.27.so.0.27.0
> and libmythtv-0.27.so.0.27.0 on the backend. It seems that the front-end has
> different libraries with the same name. Putting them on the front-end simply
> doesn't work.

no, backend is enough.

the code patched is also used by the frontend if you are playing local
files; but it shouldn't trigger the issue there.

> Oh, and I am getting Waited for x.x seconds for data still. I just didn't
> for a long time. I don't know enough about the patch to understand if this
> is a bad sign or not. I am thinking you just addressed an issue where you
> would avoid a read call that you know would block. In such case we might
> still have to wait for data?

waiting for data isn't a problem in itself... everything is buffered
and there's a good leeway before things start to break appart.

so, as long as you don't get pause or stutter, I wouldn't worry too much.

the patch fixes a backend issue when it's streaming a file which is
currently being written to. that would typically be liveTV or watching
a program currently being recorded.