[mythtv] OT Misplaced header .h files on Fedora 20??

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Feb 3 18:06:34 UTC 2014

This is not a mythtv problem but one I found while compiling myth.
Compiling from git master v0.28-pre-773-g92229a0 over the weekend on a
brand new install of Fedora 20 on my laptop (new SDD).

Make failed with an error. gcc could not find <linux/compiler.h> from
swab.h (in ....include/uapi/linux/)

So the #INCLUDE should have been <../linux/compiler.h>

Interestingly, myth built on my Fedora 17 desktop, with the same
structure as the F20, but does not on F20.

I amended the include lines in the files in ../include/uapi/linux to
point to <../linux/xxx>, and make completed without problems.

But I *am* intrigued as to what is/was going on here? Any ideas why it
worked on one, but required a change on the other?

Geoff

--
              R. Geoffrey Newbury