[mythtv] Cannot connect to the mythzmserver

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Dec 21 14:01:23 UTC 2014

On 21/12/14 10:10, Paul Harrison wrote:
> On 20/12/14 23:56, John Pilkington wrote:
>> On 20/12/14 22:18, Paul Harrison wrote:
>>> I think you are confusing the UI Theme from the Menu Theme they are two
>>> different things. One defines the look and layout of the screens and the
>>> other defines the layout of the main menus. By default Myth ships with
>>> DVR, Classic, Default and Media Center Menu Theme menu themes. Other UI
>>> themes can also add there own Menu theme if they want.
>>>
>>> If you look in the Appearance settings what is the 'Menu Theme' set to?
>>>
>>> Paul H.
>>
>> You're probably right...  I'm confused.  Qt, Default, 1024, 576, 64,
>> 64, Use GUI size, Use border, Use fixed window size.
>>
>> 2442 now building on Santa's box.  A new build of 2441 had the same
>> popup.
>
> So you are using the Default menu theme.
>
> You will still have to clear the IP or set the port to -1 to suppress
> the popup.
>
> You should find the MZM  settings under Setup->Info Centre
> Settings->ZoneMinder Settings.
>
> If they are not there then you have got something screwed up somewhere.
> Check your version of info_settings.xml matches this one :-
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/themes/defaultmenu/info_settings.xml

Yes, OK

> Assuming your install prefix is '/use/share' You will find it in
> /usr/share/mythtv/themes/defaultmenu/
>
> Also check the plugin exists and is named correctly in
> /usr/lib/mythtv/plugins/
> It should be called libmythzoneminder.so

See below

> Paul H.

After a few problems in edit, build and install on the other box. I now
have one installation from 8 Dec (2422) and one from today (2442)

In the new one I get *two* warning popups with big red crosses when a
menu screen is displayed; one is steady, one flashes.  The FE log shows
that it's repeatedly trying to connect, with no address defined for
host: localhost.  Tries at 1 sec intervals continue indefinitely,
although the popups are hidden during playback.

I do, however, now have a ZM Settings entry.  Changing the IP
(originally 127.0.0.1, I've tried localhost, 192.168.0.3 and ::1:)
and/or port (originally 6548, tried -1) has no effect on the popups, and
the log still shows 'Failure to connect to (::1:6548) Connection
refused.'  This doesn't suggest to me that it hasn't found a missing ZM.

The plugin (both boxes) is at

/usr/lib64/mythtv/plugins/libmythzoneminder.so

with all the other libXX.so plugins - and I know mytharchive gets found :-)

Thanks,

John