[mythtv] Cannot connect to the mythzmserver

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Sun Dec 21 10:10:22 UTC 2014

On 20/12/14 23:56, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 20/12/14 22:18, Paul Harrison wrote:
>> I think you are confusing the UI Theme from the Menu Theme they are two
>> different things. One defines the look and layout of the screens and the
>> other defines the layout of the main menus. By default Myth ships with
>> DVR, Classic, Default and Media Center Menu Theme menu themes. Other UI
>> themes can also add there own Menu theme if they want.
>>
>> If you look in the Appearance settings what is the 'Menu Theme' set to?
>>
>> Paul H.
>
> You're probably right...  I'm confused.  Qt, Default, 1024, 576, 64,
> 64, Use GUI size, Use border, Use fixed window size.
>
> 2442 now building on Santa's box.  A new build of 2441 had the same
> popup.

So you are using the Default menu theme.

You will still have to clear the IP or set the port to -1 to suppress
the popup.

You should find the MZM  settings under Setup->Info Centre
Settings->ZoneMinder Settings.

If they are not there then you have got something screwed up somewhere.
Check your version of info_settings.xml matches this one :-
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/themes/defaultmenu/info_settings.xml

Assuming your install prefix is '/use/share' You will find it in
/usr/share/mythtv/themes/defaultmenu/

Also check the plugin exists and is named correctly in
/usr/lib/mythtv/plugins/
It should be called libmythzoneminder.so

Paul H.