[mythtv] Submitting Feature Request

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 21:42:17 UTC 2013

On Friday, 22 March 2013, Raymond Wagner wrote:

> > Jean-Yves' suggestion of opening a ticket & doing a Git pull request does
> > seem the way to go.
>
> Please do not do this.  Github is only a secondary mirror, with MythTV
> running a private Git server for development.  That means Github pull
> requests cannot be processed through the website, do not automatically
> detect merge and close on their own, and most of us developers do not have
> administrative permissions on Github to close them manually.  A year ago
> when Github was our primary repository, they were fine, but now, they just
> end up being a hassle to deal with.

Who said you have to use GitHub to make pull request? I don't believe
anyone mentioned GitHub but you so far.

> Create a feature patch ticket on trac.  Attach your changes as a patch.

I think patch as is are much more difficult to deal with, they need to be
maintained to be usable and with the speed at which we handle tickets, they
are rarely up to date.

Can tell, you're not looking at much at submission tickets by your comments
and try to make sense of what was provided :)

I for one welcome feature requests on trac and ask people we good
suggestions to create a trac entry.
That works as my todo list, it's there all available in one place, easily
accessible, it's not forgotten and can be put on the back burner without
forgetting it.

If you're not seeing this, you're missing the point.