[mythtv] status of MythTV wrt Coverity Scan

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Wed May 30 13:36:19 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 7:33 AM, Stuart Morgan <stuart at tase.co.uk> wrote:
> On Monday 07 May 2012 16:54:00 Eric Sharkey wrote:
>> Since everyone seemed to want master, I did master.  I only did the
>> core mythtv sources, not the plugins.  Is there any reason not to go
>> ahead and submit this to Coverity tonight?
>
> Can we get the plugins included in the next run?

Yes.  I just need to script it into a single build.  I've been a bit
under the weather lately and spent most of the last weekend on the
couch.

> Also more information about what we need to do to feed in updated
> source/builds from buildbot would be good. Exactly what do they need from a
> build? Do they pull from us or do we upload to them? This can go off list if
> necessary.

We push a URL to them which they then download.

For scripting into an automated build, they recommended curl for this:

curl --data "project=PROJECT&password=YOURPASSWORD&email=YourEmail&url=YourDownloadLocation"
 http://scan5.coverity.com/cgi-bin/submit_build.py

PROJECT is MythTV (case sensitive).  I'll send the value of
YOURPASSWORD off list.

Some comments from Dakshesh at Coverity:

---
I noted that the defects arising from the files /external/.* and
/usr/include/qt4, were set as "Ignore"

There is much easy way to do that, we can simply create a component
'external' with all the files under /exclude/.* folder and will be
used for analysis, but will be ignored for defects.
I have created 4 components external (/external/.*) , qt4
(/usr/include/qt4), programs (/programs/.*), and user_include
(/usr/include/.*), and set not to show defects from 2 components
external and usr_include components, that will get rid off 400
defects. This can be done at the way  beginning as well when we first
create the project.
And, it will not show the defects from those component at all in the reports/UI.

Let me know if you have any further questions or need clarification.
---