[mythtv] status of MythTV wrt Coverity Scan

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Wed May 9 23:31:22 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 7:16 PM, Stuart Morgan <stuart at tase.co.uk> wrote:
> 350+ of those alone in ffmpeg, i.e. not our code. I don't suppose there is any
> way to ignore the third party libs we've included into our code base?

In the top left there's a panel called "Filters" that lets you narrow
down the defect list.  Under the File: section, add regular
expressions for the locations you want to look for defects.  Searching
for bugs in "/libs/*" wouldn't show anything in ffmpeg, since that's
not under libs.

Personally, I find it easiest to browse by file.  Go to the files tab
at the top, open up the tree and pick some files with code you're
familiar with, then walk down the defect list in the annotated source
for the file.

The user interface is pretty good.  Most of it you can figure out with
a little playing around.

Eric