[mythtv] mythtv/master commit: ba9b5d3c6 by Jean-Yves Avenard (jyavenard)

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Mon Mar 5 08:42:45 UTC 2012

On 3/5/12 12:28 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 5 March 2012 07:35, Warpme<warpme at o2.pl>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm building mythtv-master on cross-compile environment (minimyth; 32-bit
>> host, 64-bit target).
>> It looks like this commit causes error like below.
>> I have this problem only in cross-compile environment and only for revisions
>> with this commit or newer.
> could you post the output of your mythplugins/myhconfig.mak ?
>
> there's no reason why it would have compiled previously if mythmusic
> was detected as being available
I'm afraid I'm not getting here what You mean.

> So if you revert to the earlier configure
This is reason why I'm bothering You at all. Reverting this single
commit causes all works OK (mythmusic detected, enabled compiled and works)
As with reverted commit music compiles/works - I think issue definitely
isn't within myth building dependencies nor with cross-compilation setup.

> and run ./configure, what is the output you get?
./configure output look following:

---------------------------------
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/piotro/minimyth-dev/script/myth-master/mythtv'
         [extract] complete for mythmusic.
         [patch] complete for mythmusic.
make[3]: Entering directory
`/home/piotro/minimyth-dev/script/myth-master/mythmusic'
make[3]: `../../lang/cxx/cookies/main.d/install' is up to date.
make[3]: `../../myth-master/mythtv/cookies/main.d/install' is up to date.
make[3]: `../../lib/flac/cookies/main.d/install' is up to date.
make[3]: `../../lib/fftw3f/cookies/main.d/install' is up to date.
make[3]: `../../lib/lame/cookies/main.d/install' is up to date.
make[3]: `../../lib/libcdaudio/cookies/main.d/install' is up to date.
make[3]: `../../lib/libcdio/cookies/main.d/install' is up to date.
make[3]: `../../lib/libogg/cookies/main.d/install' is up to date.
make[3]: `../../lib/libvorbis/cookies/main.d/install' is up to date.
make[3]: `../../lib/SDL/cookies/main.d/install' is up to date.
make[3]: `../../lib/taglib/cookies/main.d/install' is up to date.
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/piotro/minimyth-dev/script/myth-master/mythmusic'
  ==> Running configure in
work/main.d/mythtv-master-20120304-gbf4ff78/mythplugins
Disabling MythMusic due to missing dependencies.

Configuration settings:

         qmake
/home/piotro/minimyth-dev/images/main/usr/lib/qt4/bin/qmake

         MythArchive    plugin will not be built
         MythBrowser    plugin will not be built
         MythGallery    plugin will not be built
         MythGame       plugin will not be built
         MythMusic      plugin will not be built
         MythNetvision  plugin will not be built
         MythNews       plugin will not be built
         MythWeather    plugin will not be built
         MythZoneMinder plugin will not be built

         [configure] complete for mythmusic.
  ==> Running make in
work/main.d/mythtv-master-20120304-gbf4ff78/mythplugins

I'm attaching packed mythconfig.mak files
Those files are binary equal for both old & new ./configure (old is
bf4ff78 with reverted ba9b5d3)

BTW: with new ./configure mythmusic is detected as disabled.
Strange enough as all dependencies are there.
Compilation output I post in OP was for case where I temporarily
disabled mythmusic dependencies checking (I do this just for drilling
down where error is and forgot to mention about this in first post.
Sorry for this! ).

> But I didn't consider the case with cross-compilation and I probably
> would need to use the cross-compiler rather than the local compiler if
> it is available.. or add the option --cross-compile..
My build environment is based on minimyth. Of course it is using
cross-compile.