[mythtv] Can't compile MythTV 0.24.2 (tarball) on Fedora 15

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 01:50:02 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 6:42 PM, Michael Hughes <marynya at compuserve.com> wrote:
> Thanks for taking the time to reply. There are some things I would like
> to work on but MythTV is a very intimidating project! It is not easy to
> figure out how it all fits together.

Another option would be to use the SRPM from RPM Fusion that I
maintain. Unfortuantly I'm having a problem with the builder and I
can't build for F15 due to configure not finding a perl module that's
actually installed, but that's another story...

Using the SRPM would do two things for you.

1. Show you all the various build options it uses
2. Give you a group of RPMs that install and setup a lot of things for
you (mythweb being one of them, also a sysv init script for F15 and I
think a systemd service file starting with F16...

Richard