[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by cpinkham. v0.26-alpha-9-g6fb8692

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Fri Jul 20 20:06:22 UTC 2012

On 2012-07-20, at 3:08 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> On 21 July 2012 03:50, George Nassas <gnassas at mac.com> wrote:
>> http://files.nassas.com/mythtranscode.20120720163617.10738.log
>
> why are you using libfaac ?
>
> don't enable it..

Well, that got me farther as now transcodes actually run to completion so yay for progress.

I find that the audio has a warbling quality as if the person speaking was gargling while talking. Same for music, there's a warble underneath. I'm pressed for time so I'll have to figure out how to revert to mp3 audio later and try that.

I ask again: has either you or Chris tried streaming the sample video I uploaded? It's what I imagine is a typical broadcast from one of the US majors so pretty likely the sort of thing to be streamed by other people.

Also, how did you know about libfaac being problematic? I didn't see anything about that in the commits or maybe I missed it. I enable everything I can in the hope that it will bring me the most number of available features and depend on configure to warn me about conflicts.

In case it's not obvious I'm grateful for the debugging efforts and also for making streaming available even though it might not be 100% perfect in all cases.

- George