[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by cpinkham. v0.26-pre-894-gf66816d

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Tue Jul 17 03:59:10 UTC 2012

On 2012-07-16, at 3:29 PM, Chris Pinkham wrote:

> Can you run with "-v record,libav --loglevel debug" to get some
> more detailed logging out of AVFormatWriter to see why it is
> failing to init?

http://files.nassas.com/mythtranscode.20120717025855.24663.log
http://files.nassas.com/mythtranscode.20120717025855.24663.xml

The second one is from /Content/GetLiveStreamList in case you're interested in the input parameters.

BTW, the transcode program doesn't change the job status to stopped or failed on the way out. It stays at "Starting" status forever.

>> About the stuttering problem I was seeing earlier - I wonder if it's
>> due to a mismatch between the declared segment length in the .m3u8 file
>
> This might be true, I haven't had a chance to debug this fully yet.
> The segments should be >= 10.0 seconds because we split at the next
> keyframe after the desired time.  Can you check one of your .ts files
> to see how long it actually is?

For fun I ran ffmpeg against all of my .ts files. It turns out there are 30,330 of them belonging to the 52 streams I have queued up to watch. Here are occurrence counts for the most common segment durations:

   7429  00:00:11.52
   4560  00:00:12.00
   2309  00:00:02.97
   2291  00:00:11.97
   2290  00:00:11.99

however they go up as long as 15 seconds and in one case 28.77.

In light of what JYA said about the m3u8 target duration being a max I guess the .ts writer should buffer until it knows the next keyframe will fit inside that max duration. I say that without having the slightest clue of how much effort it would be to code so don't take it as a feature request or anything.

- George