[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by cpinkham. v0.26-pre-894-gf66816d

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Jul 16 19:29:36 UTC 2012

* On Mon Jul 16, 2012 at 12:29:46PM -0400, George Nassas wrote:
> I just built this and I'm getting "CoreContext transcode.cpp:1140 (TranscodeFile) - avfw->Init() failed". The full log is at:
>
> http://files.nassas.com/mythtranscode.20120716155739.7970.log
> http://files.nassas.com/mythtranscode.20120716155739.7970.ffmpeg

Can you run with "-v record,libav --loglevel debug" to get some
more detailed logging out of AVFormatWriter to see why it is
failing to init?

> About the stuttering problem I was seeing earlier - I wonder if it's
> due to a mismatch between the declared segment length in the .m3u8 file
> and the actual length of the .ts clip. When watching a 1 hour recording
> I find that the progress bar gets to its 60 minute endpoint when the
> playback is actually around the 50 minute mark. That would happen if
> each .ts was actually 9.x seconds.

This might be true, I haven't had a chance to debug this fully yet.
The segments should be >= 10.0 seconds because we split at the next
keyframe after the desired time.  Can you check one of your .ts files
to see how long it actually is?

--
Chris