[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 8e2982436 by Paul Harrison (paul-h)

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 18:15:14 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 10:24 AM, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:
> On 04/01/12 15:05, MythTV wrote:
>> Author: Paul Harrison <pharrison at mythtv.org> Change Date:
>> 2012-01-04T07:02:54-08:00 Push Date: 2012/01/04 07:05:24 -0800
>> Repository: mythtv Branch: master New Revision:
>> 8e29824366e2957a0b9764d0e9abbfb850d80287 Changeset:
>> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/8e2982436
>>
>> Log:
>>
>> MythMusic: Convert to MythUI and remove the last of the Qt3 stuff
>>
>> This is far from complete and is subject to change but it's a start.
>>

> As I said in the commit message this isn't complete yet. There's things
> I have to
> complete, things that need testing properly and even more things I
> haven't even started yet.
> I'm sure there are many things that could be done better.
>
> I really wish I hand the time and motivation to have finished this by
> now but TBH I'm not
> finding the MythTV project to be a very pleasant project to be
> associated with since the
> changing of the guard so to speak or maybe it's just me that changed:(
>
> ** Waiting to be cleaned up and committed **
>
> A lyrics view
>
> I have a proof of concept that works. Just need to decide the best way
> to integrate it and
> make it customisable using different sites for the lyrics etc..
>
> A ice/shoutcast player
>
> I had a very crude screen that partly worked but something along the way
> got broken with
> the player. Not sure if it was a bad merge or changes in ffmpeg I need
> to debug and tidy this
> up before I let it loose on some unsuspecting users.
>
> A wikipedia view
>
> This was working OK last time I tried it but needed Qt7 because of bugs
> in Qt6
> that break the custom css stuff required to make the web pages more TV
> friendly.
>
> ** Stuff on my TODO list **
>
> 4:3 default theme
>
> At the moment the 4:3 theme is non existent so MythMusic wont work at
> all unless you
> switch to a wide theme. If anybody wants to help out this is something
> that I could do with
> some help.
>
> Visualizers
>
> I had already started work on trying to make them MythUI friendly before
> Mark K added his
> stuff. The visualisers as they stand work but are very inefficient and
> consume a lot of CPU
> especially at high resolutions. I need to revisit them at some stage and
> try and make use of
> Mark K's work but don't really see how that's going to work at the
> moment without juggling
> some stuff around or duplicating some of the rendering code in MythUIVideo.
>
> Storage Groups
>
> MythMusic should be able to use storage groups but it's not something
> that has
> [...]

many users would love to see you (or anyone) work on this, if that's
any motivation?

I just wanted to throw out there that perhaps things like tag finding,
fingerprinting, and music service API support (ie lastfm, spotify,
etc) may be better implemented via a plugin architecture, so that
others can add options to use new ones?

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!