[mythtv] MediaMonitor - Scan for devices if Monitor Drives is disabled?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Feb 7 04:45:46 UTC 2012

On 02/06/2012 09:26 PM, Nigel Pearson wrote:
>> Is there any benefit to building these lists if
>> MonitorDrives is disabled?
> It might have been so that the user could eject or
> unmount drives that other system processes had mounted?
> (By name)
>
> i.e. Minimal benefit.
>
>> I was wondering if it would be possible to
>> work around the busy loop issue by only calling CheckFileSystemTable()
>> and/or CheckMountable() for those who have enabled the MonitorDrives
>> setting?
> Sounds OK, but I haven't looked at, or tested on Unix,
> that code for years :-(

Thanks.  I knew it had changed quite a bit since you'd last done
anything with it, but figured you'd have some ideas.

And, it sounds like skipping the static-list creation may be more of a
problem than it's worth.  I'm guessing that most people who disable
monitoring drives still use the eject functionality (and that I'm the
only person who uses neither).  I suppose if I have to live with waiting
on the D-Bus poll loop to time out, it may actually help to motivate me
to fix it properly.

Thanks,
Mike