[mythtv] MediaMonitor - Scan for devices if Monitor Drives is disabled?

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Tue Feb 7 02:26:35 UTC 2012

> Is there any benefit to building these lists if
> MonitorDrives is disabled?

It might have been so that the user could eject or
unmount drives that other system processes had mounted?
(By name)

i.e. Minimal benefit.

> I was wondering if it would be possible to
> work around the busy loop issue by only calling CheckFileSystemTable()
> and/or CheckMountable() for those who have enabled the MonitorDrives
> setting?

Sounds OK, but I haven't looked at, or tested on Unix,
that code for years :-(

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au| "I am one in
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia |  a krillion!"