[mythtv] MythTV life-cycle support intentions

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Aug 22 21:39:42 UTC 2012

On 12-08-22 05:15 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> This is why the approved solution is to put any "not recorded by /this/
> MythTV instance and database" videos into Video Library.

With all due respect Mike, I've seen you up on this soapbox a number of
times in the last week or two and I cannot bite my tongue any more.

Having to flip back and forth between TV Recordings and Videos to find
and watch my TV recordings is just craziness.  Things that are shown on
TV belong in TV Reordings and other things, like movies -- ripped from
the DVDs we buy, belong in Videos.  As does stuff taken off of video
cameras, etc. -- you know, like, "videos".

b.

[1] and worse, asking my family to, after trying to teaching them to
flip back and forth -- all the while failing at answering questions
like: "but why are *some* TV shows in the Videos folder and how do I
know which ones I will find where, again?"