[mythtv] Starting playback from python script supresses prompt to ask to save bookmark

Dan Wilga mythtv-dev2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Wed Aug 22 20:43:12 UTC 2012

I'm using 0.25.2, and am working on a python script that uses
fe.sendPlay('program...') to start playback of recordings. That aspect
of it works fine, however when I then exit the recording (using the
remote control, as I normally would), it does not ask if I want to save
a bookmark. Instead, it immediately stops playback.

If the thing I start playing from the script is a video, with
sendPlay('file...'), it does ask. It's apparently only when the thing is
a recording that the prompt is missing. Can anyone confirm this problem?
Should I file a bug report?

Here's some sample code:

     from MythTV import Frontend
     fe = Frontend.fromUPNP().next()
     fe.sendPlay('program 12432 2005-09-24T02:59:00')