[mythtv] RFE: Allowing backend to trigger S3 sleep while frontend is connected and idle

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Wed Sep 28 20:33:29 UTC 2011

Stuart Morgan píše v Wed 28. 09. 2011 v 15:33 +0100:
> > machine/resuming from sleep and as soon as the frontend quits the
> > machine goes to sleep again.

> Would allowing a script to be run when the frontend goes idle work? That would
> seem to be much more flexible than a frontend quit option.

Definitely! For now I could simply call a oneliner script containing
just "killall mythfrontend" and that would do the idle frontend quit :-)

> It would allow you to put the frontend machine to sleep without first
> exiting the frontend and of course the frontend would be running when
> you resume from sleep.

Well, it could work if the frontend was able to ping the backend and
wait gracefully whenever it doesn't respond (since when the frontend
machine resumes from sleep it sends WoL to mythbackend and then waits
for up to two minutes until the backend fully boots up).

Petr