[mythtv] mythtv/master commit: 45cfaa7a8 by Chris Pinkham (cpinkham)

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Jun 27 01:47:50 UTC 2011

* On Sun Jun 26, 2011 at 05:12:13PM +0200, Warpme wrote:
> Chris,
> FYI
> I'm using ArcLight with master 850ae1e.
> For me this commit has side effect of occasionally showing "Please
> Wait..." dialog without background.
> ith this commit every 1 from 3 attempts has this issue.
> Without it - I tested 20 without this effect.

Are you using fanart?  Can you rename your fanart dir or move the files
out to see if this is reproducable without any fanart?

> Also I think it causes for me UI hangs in visual screen transitions when
> FE is exiting Video Library (I'm using 5 backgrounds in theme).
> I not Yet tested this UI hang without this patch extensively - but I see
> clear correlation here (without patch traditions are smooth; with patch
> they are not not smooth and hang is in middle of transition)

Ditto about the fanart on this.

The only effect the patch should have is to skip the foreground last
modified check for remote files and instead run the check and possible
file load in the background.  Previously, we'd check the last modified date
in the foreground and then actually do it in the background again.

--
Chris