[mythtv] mythtv/master commit: 45cfaa7a8 by Chris Pinkham (cpinkham)

warpme warpme at o2.pl
Mon Jun 27 09:53:25 UTC 2011

>Are you using fanart? Can you rename your fanart dir or move the files
>out to see if this is reproducable without any fanart?

Well - I'm using fanarts only for Videos. Issue with lack of dialog background is seen in various places (LiveTV, Recordings, Videos). I'm not using any external script to generate fanart for recordings.
Btw: As theme I'm using modified Arcligh. My mod is using different backgrounds (5 images in theme background dir. Myth autochanges them when user walks across various theme screens). Maybe this is comparable with fanart ?

>The only effect the patch should have is to skip the foreground last
>modified check for remote files and instead run the check and possible
>file load in the background. Previously, we'd check the last modified date
>in the foreground and then actually do it in the background again.

By observation  - this issue looks to me like races problem.
Dialog without background is random: sometimes 5 playback starts has all OK, sometimes every try has issue.
Maybe this commit is not root cause ?
I'm using 850ae1e with reverted commit since Yesterday on 3 FE - so far no single issue with background nor hang UI exiting Videos.

br