[mythtv] youmustbethistall

Thomas Mashos tgm4883 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 02:45:58 UTC 2010

On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 7:28 PM, Brian Clem <mrbrianclem at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am currently running 0.24 PPA through Auto Builds Repo.  The
> password must be new.  It said to join this mailing list and since I
> am already running 0.24 I thought it would be wise to investigate
> further.
>
> But it is nice to see such a warm reception.  It makes me feel good
> knowing that the devs are assholes.  So I will un-subscribe  but you
> should not invite interested people to this list if you want to be a
> prick.  So have a fun time dick.
>
> On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 8:27 PM, Thomas Mashos <tgm4883 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 5:01 PM, Brian Clem <mrbrianclem at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Can someone please throw me a bone here?
> >>
> >> Are we talking Disney height regulation?  Or Bush Gardens?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Brian
> >
> > If you can't figure out the password, you should either
> > A) Not run trunk
> > or
> > B) Ask the mythbuntu team, then not run trunk
> > Thomas
> > Mythbuntu devloper

Wow.

The mythtv devs have absolutely nothing to do with the mythb untu
auto-builds. If you have an issue with auto-builds or the mythbuntu-repos
package, then you need to talk to mythbuntu developers, not mythtv
developers. If you have questions about trunk (or 0.24 as it is called in
mythbuntu-repos), then the mythtv devs are the ones to ask.

Most of the responses were to you saying "Are we talking Disney height
regulation?  Or Bush Gardens?" and nobody knowing what you are talking
about. If you were trying to be funny, you are wasting your time. If you
really don't know what the password is, then you shouldn't be running trunk
(0.24). You weren't invited to the list to be a doofus. You were invited to
the list so that when things break (as they often do with trunk), you know
about them and can discuss them on the list.

Now, if you have a serious question about anything please feel free to post
it. If you have any other snide remarks please save the bandwidth and don't
bother.

Stay classy

Thomas