[mythtv] Diseqc 1.2/1.3 Rotor positioning in MythTV (DVB-S)

Endaf Jones jonese at zener.com
Thu May 13 17:03:59 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 05:08, Pieter Hoekstra <pieter.hoekstra at 5137.org> wrote:
> I'm wondering if anybody currently has a working setup for using a dish
> rotor in MythTV?
>

> I am currently trying to get my own rotor to work with MythTV. (Not
> succeeded yet...)
>
> Doing so, I'm rewriting some code in MythTV for driving the rotor. It seems
> to me that the current implementation is not 100% correct and should
> (theoretically) not work for most people.
>
> Is the current implementation for dish rotors in MythTV known to work
> correctly for most people? GotoXX as well?

I use the FTA DVB often, with rotor (but not the GotoXX, I use the
goto position).  I'm in Canada and I like to get the 3-4 PBS feeds
directly from the satellite instead of my poor cable service.

GotoXX is too much work, you'd be better off to use the goto position
instead (so long as your rotor is properly aligned).

It works most of the time.  The only time I seem to have problems is
if the satellite signal is not found (transponder move or bad weather
condition).  Myth seems to sometimes get confused about the current
rotor position when it comes time for the next rotor move after the
failed tuning, it's not always moving the dish to the new position.
This isn't a 100% failure situation, but it does pop up once and a
while.  This was on 0.21.  I've only just switched to 0.22 about two
weeks ago, so I don't know if this has been fixed.

Other than that, it works pretty well.