[mythtv] Diseqc 1.2/1.3 Rotor positioning in MythTV (DVB-S)

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Thu May 13 12:27:11 UTC 2010

On Thursday 13 May 2010 13:04:00 Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-05-13 at 13:08 +0200, Pieter Hoekstra wrote:
> > I'm wondering if anybody currently has a working setup for using a dish
> > rotor in MythTV?
> >

> > I am currently trying to get my own rotor to work with MythTV. (Not
> > succeeded yet...)
> >
> > Doing so, I'm rewriting some code in MythTV for driving the rotor. It
> > seems to me that the current implementation is not 100% correct and
> > should (theoretically) not work for most people.
> >
> > Is the current implementation for dish rotors in MythTV known to work
> > correctly for most people? GotoXX as well?
>
> It is known to work for a few people. I've tested it myself, but do
> not use it. Very few people use DVB-S with MythTV so it's one of the
> less robust pieces of code.

Well to be accurate, few people use DVB-S with Rotors/Switches. There are a
large number of DVB-S users in Western Europe and the UK where there isn't
such a great need or desire for rotors or multiple dishes. Satellites covering
the region are grouped into constellations so that a small static dish picks
up everything that people want.
--
Stuart Morgan