[mythtv] Translation: Some textstrings are untranslatable?

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Sat Jan 16 15:33:05 UTC 2010

Hi

2010/1/16 Nicolas Riendeau <knight at teksavvy.com>:
> Hi!
>
> Stuart Morgan wrote:
>>
>> On Friday 15 Jan 2010 19:38:52 Kenni Lund wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> A friend and I have begun the process of getting the danish
>>> translation of mythtv+plugins back in shape, as the current
>>> translation is quite outdated.
>>>
>>> After fully translating all of mythvideo and mythweather into danish,
>>> we've noticed that several of the translated strings isn't being used
>>> once we test the translations in latest trunk.
<SNIP>

> If you send me an email in which you would list your translation problems I
> could try tracking them down... I make no promises though, I do this as time
> permits...

Thanks, please have a look at the two strings below if time permits.

Sorting out the mythvideo text strings which were different or didn't
exist in linguist, left me with two strings which wasn't being
translated in mythvideo trunk:
"Setting this value to all numbers will make your life much easier"
(found under parental control setup)
"Metadata Settings" (headline in settings)

Both of these strings exists both in linguist and mythvideo build from
trunk, but these stays in english even if a translation is available.
Can you see if these missing translations are bugs or just due to a
out-of-sync .ts file?

Thanks again :)

Best Regards
Kenni Lund