[mythtv] Ideas for MythMusic rewrite

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Sat Jan 2 22:08:14 UTC 2010

On 30/12/2009 12:53, Paul Harrison wrote:
> We'll probably regret this but we would like your opinions :-)  We are
> in the process of  switching MythMusic to MythUI and would like to take
> the opportunity to make some much needed improvements to the interface.
>
> We don't necessarily  just want a list of feature requests, although
> every idea will be considered, but also how they should be implemented,
> what the interface should look like etc. If you can provide mock ups of
> how it should look or links to images of how other players do things
> then all the better.
>
> You should bear in mind the limitations of keeping the interface usable
> on a TV using a remote control and where possible using the existing
> widgets available in MythUI.

Grab an iPod?  Canolo2 on Maemo?

XBMC/Plex (only need a 5 button remote) + Windows MCE thingy are all
worth copying also...

I think the thing people usually forget about Music Players is that
playing the music is really very secondary, playlist management and
finding something to listen to is what really distinguishes them...
Current Music player is fine and adequate, but definitely has plenty of
scope to have better and easier searching.  I guess at least make it
easy to try stuff in themes rather than try and get it perfect first time?

Thanks - look forward to watching this evolve

Ed W