[mythtv] ATSC question

Tim blooflame at comcast.net
Wed Feb 24 03:35:34 UTC 2010

Maybe I misread the ATSC specs. I thought the content provider was
responsible for providing the CIDs, as part of the header for each segment
of programming sent. In any event I was not thinking of some sort of guide
info download, but rather content identifiers sent at the beginning of each
new section of content, in order. That's really the only effective way I
could see for things like a V-chip or other content filtering to work.

I'll go back and read the specs again.

Tim