[mythtv] Program Titles

James Courtier-Dutton james.dutton at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 09:30:38 UTC 2010

I am in the progress of implementing EPG decoding for the UK SKY DVB-S
within Myth.
The titles of programs can be as follows:
1) The Italian Job
2) New Tricks
3) Batman

When displayed in a list alphabetically one wants:
1) Batman     (sort starting from the B)
2) The Italian Job (sort starting from the I and not the T)
3) New Tricks. (sort starting from the N)

How should the "Title" be presented to myth so that myth can sort then
The EPG itself has a special character within the title string that
indicates the "sort starting with" position within the title string.
Does myth use a special character for this, or some other method?

Second question.
The EPG arrives on a particular MUX. I therefore want myth to only
look for the EPG when it is idle and not using a DVB-S card to capture
a recording on some other MUX.
How do I get myth to do stuff during idle times?

Kind Regards