[mythtv] UPNP

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Aug 11 15:09:28 UTC 2010

  On 8/11/2010 04:37, Matt Pyne wrote:
> Do you have any thoughts on dropping the use of upnpmedia table and
> serving the videometadata table instead?  I have a working patch for
> this and from my point of view it is much better because you get the
> coverart and descriptions of the video elements.

Moving to the `videometadata` table instead of doing its own scan
through `upnpmedia` is absolutely preferred, however mythvideo is being
migrated to use storage groups.  Does your implementation support the
relative paths stored in the database when storage groups are in use?
Does it support access to content on remote backends, not available on
the local file system?