[mythtv] UPNP

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Tue Aug 10 14:39:03 UTC 2010

On 10/08/2010 14:36, Matt Pyne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is true, however, I have code that will detect the Sony (assuming
> it has a unique client ID string) and then pass that to the upnp
> classes, which can force the media type to AVI.

Woo, I wondered about that as a solution, but not knowing the upnp
protocol, I had no idea how complicated it would be to do.

> Paul, which version of Myth are you building? I will send you some code,
> that if you run and send me back the log files for will allow me to add
> the support you need.

Brilliant, thanks. Currently I'm running packman packages for
opensuse, but it would be 0.23.1-fixes that I would need to build to
replace it.

Never built MythTv before, other than via the gar-build system for
minimyth. Any common gotchas I should watch out for?

Cheers,
	Paul.