[mythtv] DVD seg fault in 0.23

Robert Pfeifer rpfeifer.public at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 00:14:28 UTC 2010

Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 20:59:40 -0700
From: Robert McNamara<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com>

> On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 8:53 PM, Robert Pfeifer
> <rpfeifer.public at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>> Anyway, is this DVD-related crash in 0.23-RC2 a known bug? If not, I can
>> recompile with debugging enabled and post a crash dump, which might help
>> identify which change would need to be ported from trunk to 0.23 to fix this
>> before final release.
>
> Without seeing a backtrace, it's all but impossible to know what
> particular issue it is, and whether it's known.

OK, here is a backtrace & log. This is for mythfrontend compiled from
the 0.23 svn, version 24270. To cause the crash, I start mythfrontend
and select "CD/DVD", "Play DVD". MythTV displays the "Please Wait..."
screen and immediately segfaults. This happens for me with any DVD in
0.23, but playback works fine in trunk.

Regards,
Robert Pfeifer