[mythtv] searching trunk

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Apr 9 19:34:11 UTC 2010

On 04/09/2010 02:22 PM, Mark Yang wrote:
> I am browsing source code at this address:
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk
> Is there any way to search the trunk directly? I would like to trace
> includes when I am studying a particular class.

Your best bet is to download a local working copy of the repo (
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ ) and use local search tools (such as grep
or SVN's wcgrep -
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk/contrib/client-side/wcgrep
).

> Also is there a resource that could help explain the purpose of each
> class, such as playbacksock?

While there is some doxygen documentation in the code and some
developers have hosted copies on their web sites, you may still need to
do some digging to really find that.

Mike