[mythtv] what are the right frequency offsets?

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Tue Apr 6 14:19:13 UTC 2010

Janne Grunau píše v Út 06. 04. 2010 v 00:26 +0200:
> > My question is if it is safe to have the 167 kHz offset there as an aid
> > to some less capable (?) hardware that is not able to tune with 0,0
> > offsets. Can it hurt somehow? Will it cause problems to other tuners, or
> > just slow the tuning down a bit or is it simply good idea to put there
> > the max offsets?
>
> It won't slow down the scanning a little bit but at least doubles the
> time.

I have chosen a somewhat smaller offsets in the end (125 kHz, 0) which
will hopefully not double the scanning time.

> > I do have one report from an user that managed to tune more multiplexes
> > by adding the +-167 kHz offsets there but I don't know if it can have
> > any negative impact on others that are happy with the 0,0 offsets now.
>
> As long it's just a single I would ignore it as badly calibrated or
> broken hardware. There's always the full scan (tuned).

Well, since I had one negative and one positive report it was 50%
failure. I've let Daniel Prynych retest the new offsets and he's just
reported success so I'd like to ask you kindly to commit the
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8303 to SVN including the 0.23-fixes.

Thanks

Petr