[mythtv] what are the right frequency offsets?

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Mon Apr 5 21:36:32 UTC 2010

Nick Morrott píše v Po 05. 04. 2010 v 21:39 +0100:
> Although I haven't found a definitive answer (yet) in official
> technical documentation (from ETSI, for example), other research
> suggests that for DVB-T transmission, channels having a 7MHz
> separation can have a +/- 125kHz offset, and channels having an 8MHz
> separation can have a +/- 167kHz offset.

I've happened to find a discussion mentioning that in Czech there is no
offset used on the main digital transmitters (the offsets were used only
on the analog transmitters to avoid interference from different
transmitters on the same channel).

My question is if it is safe to have the 167 kHz offset there as an aid
to some less capable (?) hardware that is not able to tune with 0,0
offsets. Can it hurt somehow? Will it cause problems to other tuners, or
just slow the tuning down a bit or is it simply good idea to put there
the max offsets?

I do have one report from an user that managed to tune more multiplexes
by adding the +-167 kHz offsets there but I don't know if it can have
any negative impact on others that are happy with the 0,0 offsets now.

Thanks

Petr