[mythtv] what are the right frequency offsets?

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Sun Apr 4 14:37:09 UTC 2010

in libs/libmythtv/frequencytables.cpp's init_freq_tables() there's a
list of tables for various countries. I have submitted a Czech DVB-T
table that works great for some tuners (much better than Germany or
France tables that we used to use before) but is worse for certain other
tuners (ASUS My Cinema-P7131 Hybrid). After some trial&error it turned
out that by using the French offsets (the last two parameters, -166000
and 167000) the channel scanning works better.

Thus I am wondering how I can find out the correct offsets for DVB-T.
I've seen it set to 0,0 for most countries but some have 125000 and
other have the -166k/167k.

Thanks for any pointer. I'd  like to get it fixed in time for 0.23 but
before submitting a patch with the French offsets for the Czech table
I'd like to know if it's possible to compute the parameters somehow
instead of guessing them.